Since you'll spend lots of time and money with your Rolfer™, make the most of it: Pick one you genuinely like -- one who grasps your goals and concerns, and is qualified to address them.
Heidi Massa, B.A., J.D. (University of Chicago), has been guiding the somatic adventures of the discerning, the curious and the brave since 1994 in Chicago's South Loop & East Lincoln Park. She's a function-oriented practitioner of Rolfing® Structural Integration who makes movement awareness and re-patterning a key part of her sessions. Her client-centered approach customizes the work to suit each person's unique needs, interests and way of being in the world -- not to promote any particular viewpoint.
In-person consultations are always free of charge.
What to expect?
- Challenge, fun and discovery.
- The chance to explore questions you might never have asked.
- The means to access real options you might never have thought possible.
Heidi Massa trained through the Rolf Institute® in Munich, Boulder and São Paulo.
- Certified Rolfer™, 1994
- Certified Rolf Movement® Practitioner, 1995
- Certified Advanced Rolfer, 2000
- Registered Somatic Movement Educator (RSME), 2012
- Post-certification training in:
- Biomechanics of posture and movement
- The cranial-sacral system
- Berry Method®
- Move in Mind®
- Resolution of low back pain
- Fascial restrictions of the Viscera
- Fascial restrictions of the Nerves
- Hubert Godard's Tonic Function model
- Perception-oriented movement repatterning
- Use of imagery for recovery from neurological damage
- Oral reflex functions (TMJ and the Stomatognathic System)
Professional Affiliations and Activities
- Member, Rolf Institute of Structural Integration® (RISI) (since 1994)
- Member, RISI Ethics and Business Practices Committee (since 1997)
- Editor, RISI Journal of Structural Integration (since 2001)
- Member, RISI Law & Legislation Committee (2007-2011)
- Member, International Association of Structural Integrators (IASI) (since 2002)
- Member, International Somatic Movement Education & Therapy Association (ISMETA) (since 2012)
- Author, Rolfing Structural Integration, Chapter 7.3 of Fascia: The Tensional Network of the Human Body, Churchill Livingstone (Elsevier), London, 2012.